BOOKING & PAYMENT
Terms and Conditions
Travellers staying for 1 week or less
We require upfront payment for your entire stay via Paypal.
If you cancel your stay we take your first night as a non-refundable deposit and will refund 50% of the balance
If there is availability you are welcome to extend your stay and you can pay for this in cash.
Volunteers need to commit to a minimum of 2 weeks
You need to pay a non-refundable deposit of 50% of your stay via Paypal to confirm your booking.
To volunteer with Ujamaa Hostel you are required to obtain a Volunteer Visa - this can obtained as you enter the country. It is a CTA Visa which costs US$250 is a requirement.
Upon confirmation we require you to make a non-refundable payment of US$50 application fee, as well as the 50% accommodation deposit
Other accommodation costs can be paid in cash upon arrival.
Cash payments are accepted in Tanzanian Shillings or US Dollars.
US Dollars must be from 2006 or later otherwise they will not be accepted
Any additional payments via Paypal will incur a 5% charge due to the fees involved in using this service.
Additional Terms & Conditions
* Only US Dollars from 2006 or later will be accepted
* If there is availability you are welcome to extend your stay and you can pay for this in either Tanzanian Shillings or US Dollars
* If you choose to go away for the weekend or for a short trip withinthe period you booked your bed, you are required to pay US$7 or 10,000Tsh each night that you are not at the hostel
* If you choose to leave earlier than your intended length of stay you will be required to the same rate as if you were away - US$7 or 10,000Tsh
* Ujamaa Hostel provides lockable draws for valuables but will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any valuables on the premises
For bookings please contact us at: